Pages

Friday, July 11, 2014

4th of July

 This post is a little late but I still really wanted to get it up. 4th of July was a pretty great day. I woke up early for the 9 am city parade.

It always seems like the whole city shows up to celebrate Independence day.

People decked out their cars and trucks, politicians used this as great campaigning.


My favourite part is always when the military trucks come threw. Some of them are really old and look like they drove out of an old military movie.
My outfit of the day consisted of a white crop top with delicate lace edging around the bottom from Forever 21. The high-waisted denim shorts are a DIY from goodwill that made. The stars and stripes socks are from Forever 21 as well as the red and white stripped headband. The turquoise triangle necklace is from Pacsun. And the black sneakers are from Target.
After the parade my parents and I went to Publix to do some 4th of July shopping. I was so down to buy all of these watermelons, I love watermelon.
Every year it rains on the 4th of July, religiously. But I find that the sunset can be prettier after rain goes away.

I love the way this picture turned out. I unfocused just as I was about to take the picture. It actually makes the picture 10 times cooler to me.
 After a dinner of hotdogs and the fixings we made our way down to the park to watch the fireworks. It was muggy and felt like I was swimming threw the air, gross. But the fireworks were beautiful.
It's amazing to think that all over the US people were gathering outside to all stare into the sky and watch fireworks. It's so significant and peaceful.
 After the fireworks we went home to shoot off some of our own fireworks. And my personal favourite, spraklers!!


That was pretty much the day and night. it was a really chill 4th of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment