Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Birthday Post

My birthday was last weekend and I turned a whopping 20 years old! That means I have officially orbited the Earth 20. I've lived through 2 whole decades. And now I have my life in front of me.
The idea of turning 20 was actually pretty scared for a while. It really made me step back and evaluate my life and I feel as though I have accomplished nothing. Like I've wasted 20 years just getting by but never really living. A lot of things factored into this feeling and idea, some of which I don't really want to get into just yet. 

But as the day quickly approached I began to find peace in the fact that I was turning 20. I was no longer a teenager, even if I still think I am haha. I'm only one year away for 21, full adulthood. And I decided that with the turning of 20 I am going to begin my life. I'm going to start really living and experiencing everything this wonderful world has to offer. A lot of soul searching will happen this year and I'm ready for it. I welcome it with open arms. Because it's time to start really working on my dreams and making everything I've ever wanted a reality.


My parents were dolls and had this set up for me when I woke up. I'm so grateful of everything they have given me, because on top of this they paid for my flight to North Carolina back in October. The bets birthday gift I could have ever possibly gotten. 

The day was overall really chill and I just hung around the house. That night my parents and I along with my two of my best, and oldest friends were going to The Melting Pot to celebrate mine and mother's birthday, which is the day before mine. 


The picture is not the best quality, but it's really the memories that matter most. 

Dinner was so fun! The Melting Pot is a fondue restaurant were you cook the foods yourself. And let me tell you, we ate like pigs lol. It didn't feel like that as we were eating but as soon as we finished dessert (chocolate fondue) we were all ready to be rolled out of the restaurant!



But no matter how stuffed we were there was still cake at waiting for us at home. And by cake I really mean a cookie cake because I'm not a huge fan of regular cake. This cake was made by my mother, and she decorated it all by hand. It was so cute!


There's something really cool about a birthday cake, or birthday cookie ha. We present an individual with a sweet, all decorated and with there name on it. And the whole idea is that we're congratulating them, we're celebrating them and the fact they are one year older. There's no saddest in the idea that they get older, only joy. It's like the whole world is excited that they are getting and wiser. And then everyone shares the treat, be it cake or a cookie. And all of it is done together, with friends and with family. It's so happy and beautiful!


My mom also made these adorable chocolate Eiffel Towers. She's getting really good at making candies and sweets!


I thought I'd insert this selfie featuring my birthday dinner outfit. I didn't have time to take nice, blog-quality pictures of my outfit so this will have to do! My apologies. But the outfit details:
Top: Brandy Melville
Skirt: Pacsun
Shoes: Traffic
Tattoo Choker can be found at Calries




And of coarse I had to add two selfies with two of the baddest women I know. These lovely ladies have both been my best friends since we were all in 2nd grade, 13 years ago. It's crazy to think that we have been friends for more that half my lifetime. And it's even crazier that we have stayed friends for this long. Because it's true what they say, "Friends come and go". But they're more like sisters to me, so they'll be with me forever. Sometimes you do get to choose who your family is, and sometimes they choose you.

It was a great birthday and I couldn't be more thankful. Here's to a new years of self-discovery, wonder, and living life to the fullest. Cheers xo






No comments:

Post a Comment