Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Taking It Back

Hello again!
It's been quite sometime since I posted and I really am sorry. It's finals week for me and I've been busy finishing projects, writing essays, and taking so many test. It has been a crazy last couple of weeks. But I finally have a moment of peace while I wait for my next final, which is actually in about 2 hours!

I'm going to jump right into my my outfit for the day. I hope you enjoy!!


Top: Brandy Melville
Jeans: Khol's 
Shoes: Goodwill
Jacket: Goodwill
Necklace: Forever 21
Belt: HotTopic
Sunglasses: Target



I found this beautiful suede jacket at a Goodwill in North Carolina last year. It was such a find! The top right shoulder is a little worn and the colour isn't quite right but this doesn't bother me a bit. Personally I think it adds character to it. It is a vintage, 80's jacket so I could never expect it to be perfect. The detailing and the fringe is what drew me to it in the first place.




Because the jacket is focal piece of the outfit I chose to pair it with simple neutral to really make the purple stand out. The gray crop top is the "Giselle" top from Brandy Melville. To add a bit of punk to the outfit I chose layer a long gunmetal chain with my black tattoo choker.


As a surprise element I chose not to go with boots but to instead wear a pair of sneaker heels. I got my first pair at a Goodwill last year and had tried them on as a joke at first. But as soon as I stepped into them I knew I had to have them. They are actually way more comfortable than you would think and they always carry an element of surprise. Whenever people see them they think they're either boots, or regular sneakers but as soon as they see that they're actually heels they flip out. I think sneaker heels may have gotten a bit of a bad rap in the past, but if you ever get the change to try on pair you must do it! I really do think they're great haha.





I tried to keep the hair and make up simple while drawing inspiration from two of the 80's queens, Madonna and Cindy Lauper. I went with a bold, winged liner and a large black bow in my messy bun.


The camera defiantly caught me off guard for this one but I really don't mind how the picture turned out lol.


I did use a light filter for these photos. They were all edited on VSCOcam using A6 as the filter with a +3 fade. This last photo on the bottom was edited with T1 filter and +6 fade.

I'll have another update post that will be uploaded later. I've decided to keep life updates and outfit posts separate.
Hope you enjoyed my 80's flashback!
Cheers xo

No comments:

Post a Comment