Pages

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Flashback #2 Introducing Crochet

Hey Hey!

I thought today I'd share with you probably one of my biggest passions ever!
CROCHET.

Yes it's true, I actually am a little old cat lady. Haha, no but really. I've been crocheting since I was about 7 I think. I learned so long ago I don't even remember. And let me tell you, when I started out I was horrible. My stitches were all kinds of different tensions, my projects looked all wonky. But my goodness do I love to crochet.

I worked and worked at it for hours. And I didn't finish my first project until I was in 9th grade. I have a horrible attention span when it comes to projects.
But last year I decided I wanted to make a Babette blanket. If you don't know what that is I'll add a link here. I think they are just beautiful! And so I started to make some random granny squares. But of course I put the project down and forgot about it. So in March I decided that it was time to start it up again. I drew out a plan and got to work.

The next couple of pictures show the progress, taken on different days.


Please excuse the mess around my bed, I forget to clean up from time to time. 
I started out with about 5 colours and have since introduced a few more for a grand total of 12 colours. I had to add some new ones in because when I went to the store I couldn't find some of the original colours.. So I've slowly been introducing the new colours and they seem to live harmoniously together.


Here's a close up of some of the grannies. I've sewn all the squares together using white yarn. All the yarn by the way is Red Heart brand. I love how the white adds a little break between each square. They all pop pretty loudly. And it adds a constancy to the whole blanket.


I'm calling this my fiery babette blanket. Haha, you can see the yarn stash on the floor there, I keep it all in a large flat box so it slides out of the way easily. Though it can be a pain to pull all the yarn out and set up. It's a process and I have to have ample time on my hands to crochet to be able to work on this bad boy.


By the time it's done it should reach the full length of my bed. It's going to be so nice to see it all laid out and shine. I'll definitely have to keep you up dated on it's progress.
I think I'd like to do another babette blanket one day, but with more muted colours so it'll be a quieter blanket.

Well there you have it. The first of many crochet posts. Because believe me, there will be many more!
Until then, Ta xo

No comments:

Post a Comment