Pages

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Flashback #5 B&W Ripple

Morning!

It's another crochet day today. I'm so excited to share this with you guys!
So I talked a little bit about my love of crochet back in this post. And this is my first ever finished blanket! Ready for this?
It should be noted much of this blanket was crocheted with a cuppa coffee and the wonderful Attic24 blog. It's how I spent most of my mornings before school. There was also a lot of late night Netflix involved. Many episodes of "That 70's Show" and various movies.
The early morning sun always shines through in spots and whenever it would hit the blanket I would just squeal from happiness. This will forever be one of the best parts of my day, when the morning shine shines.
You really will have to excuse my messy room in these next few pictures. This was the first progress photo I took, on April 7th.
April 9, 2015
April 12, 2015
Quick detail pause. I love the way the colours thin out and make way for each other.
April 19, 2015
April 26, 2015
After the 26th I stopped taking progress photos because I could feel myself getting so close to the end. I didn't want to spoil the finished Ta-Da moment of seeing it all completed. So I actually didn't lay it out flat again until I was completely finished with it.

You ready?

TA DA!
I am so insanely proud of this blanket and how it turned out. True the bottom bits curl a little bit but I love it all the same.
I adore this blanket so much.
I got the original pattern from a Crochet Today magazine, it was an old issue. Maybe back from 2012! In the original pattern it calls for five different colours of yarn. But that didn't strike me. I had the creme colour leftover from a hat I crocheted back in December and thought, oh that would look so good with black!
So I drove out the store the next day and picked up a skein of black yarn. And off I went. I added an extra row to the pattern so the black and "white" would alternate for the whole blanket. This was easily the quickest I've ever finished a blanket. It was completely on May 5th.
It is so soft and so warm! This was the first time I ever got to crawl under a blanket that I made. With my own two hands! I sits on my bed everyday now and every time I look at it I'm still amazed that I created it. It gives me an overwhelming sensation of happiness.
And Oliver loves it too!
It's become his new favourite place to nap.

Well there you have it. My first ever crocheted blanket, in it's entirety. I hope you enjoyed it!
Ta xo

No comments:

Post a Comment