Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Hump Day

Happy Hump Day!

Do people say that? lol I guess I do!
How's your Wednesday going so far? Today has been pretty good, it's a lazy day. 
I thought that today could just be a little update on life really.
This is the view I have every morning when I blog. I took it while sitting at our little outside table. I come out here most mornings. This is where I blog, where I crochet, drink coffee, and read other blogs. It's quiet and peaceful and just my little slice of the world.
Here you go, my messy little outdoor work space!
And look at that! What could it be? Well a new WIP (work in progress) of course! I can never just work on one crochet project at a time. I'm calling this one my Seaside Blanket because the blue reminds me of the ocean.
I loved putting my two crocheted beauties together. When I layout the new pieces though I do move my ZigZag blanket. My comforter is white so it acts as a blank canvas for me to throw around crochet blanket ideas.
I also finished this Baymax circle skirt for one of my besties. She is in love with Baymax and the movie "Big Hero 6". I personally didn't see it but I trust her word when she says it was amazing.
This was the first thing I've sewed in about a year. After leaving my previous school and leaving Costume I kinda boycotted all sewing related projects. But it actually felt really great to use my machine again. I've still got it, if I do say so myself lol!
I leave you with this pretty sunset I saw the other day.
This is going to be a busy week indeed. My uncle flew in from Cuba yesterday. My cousin flies in from New York today. We have a big family dinner planned for Friday night. Saturday is a birthday party by the beach for my baby cousin. And Sunday morning I have orientation for my new job.
You read right. My NEW job. My JOB. I have a job now!! I got the call on Monday and been floating on cloud 9 since! I am going to be a brand representative for Hollister. Sounds so fancy right?! I can't wait. I'll have to let you know how it goes next week.
As for today, take some time to relax and breathe. I know I'll have to remember to do that with the busy week that's ahead.
I hope today treats you well!!
Ta xo

No comments:

Post a Comment