Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Mother Day

Good Day!

It is completely sopping wet here today. I came outside to sit on my patio and it was all bright and sunny, I even needed sunglasses! And withing a matter of minutes the storm clouds rolled in and just did their thing. That's Florida weather for you! 
But it's all good. I'm sitting under the overhang and the rain can't touch. It might be humid out here but I quite like it. I like seeing the weather do it's thing, and watching the clouds change minute by minute.

The weather on Sunday though was absolutely beautiful! And it was a good thing too seeing as it was Mother's Day.

We started the day late with coffee and presents. My mother received a Bob Marley CD (from my dad and myself), Teavana Jasmine Green Tea (from my dad), and handmade jewelry (from me!).


My mother has a massive bead collection. She used to bead much more back in the day and taught me some of what she knows. So last Wednesday I pulled out every bead I could find and got to work.
I had one of those days where inspiration just struck me. Beads where flying everywhere and I was cranking out pieces left and right.
The final pieces included the above necklace, matching earrings, another set of earrings, and a bracelet.


I had a little photo shoot with them all after it was all finished. I was so fun styling them together and taking some detail shots.
I didn't realize how much I missed beading until I was doing it again. With that said, I'll definitely be making more sometime soon. And who knows, maybe and Etsy store isn't far off in the future. I've always kinda wanted one!


After a morning of gift giving we all got ready and headed over to the cemetery to pay our respects and wish my grandmother a happy Mother's Day.
And then it was onward to the beach for a late lunch/early dinner.


Lunch was absolutely perfect. I had Key West fried shrimp with corn on the cob and french fries. 
Everything tasted so amazing. I quickly took this picture before I devoured the plate in it's entirety. 


And we got lucky, The place was packed to the brim with people out celebrating and we managed to get a table by the window. The view was so nice. The beautiful blue sky and sparkling water almost made me forget about the terrible allergy attach I was suffering through. And I did say almost.
My allergies hit my like a brick wall and it was torture. But I refused to let my runny nose and constant sneezing ruin the day. I mean look at that view, there's not much that could ruin that.


After dinner we walked around a bit enjoying the sites and the music. We stopped to sit on some beautifully coloured chairs and just bask in the warm setting sun and the music that was playing. I looked up and noticed how awesome the umbrellas and lights looked against the clear blue sky.


My mother and I posing for a selfie on the beach. It was so crowded!


And as a fun add in I had to throw this picture in. This is a picture of my wonderful mother as a bridesmaid in the 1980's. Style inspiration just flows from this photo!

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there. Remember to let the significant women in your life how much they mean to you!
Ta xo

No comments:

Post a Comment