Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Pillow Talk

Good afternoon!

I can't believe it's Wednesday already. The week is flying by! And I leave for Chicago on Friday afternoon. That's 2 days away! I have so much left to do to get ready.
On Monday evening I had an idea to crochet a pillow. I've always admired the beautiful pillows on Attic24 and decided to give it go for myself. I have so many pretty balls of yarn but I only have one of each. (Did that make sense? lol) And a pillow front seemed like the perfect project for one ball of yarn.
I was gifted this ball of yarn years ago from my aunt for my birthday. And I've never used it because it was so intimidating. Yes, I was intimidated by a ball of yarn lol. It's so beautiful and wooly.
I mean look at those colours!! They're magnificent! 
So I decided on Monday that I would finally use it. I wouldn't let it intimidate me anymore. And I would work it into something beautiful.
So I started working it into a solid granny square. Sorry the picture is fuzzy I didn't notice it until I uploaded it onto my computer, and it's the only one I have of the beginning of the square.
Oh but it began to grow. Every stitch just made me more and more excited to finish it. My plan was to just crochet rounds until I had no yarn left. There was no telling how it would turn out.
Here it is getting close to the end of yarn. The ball was actually much smaller than it looks in the picture.
And finally.....
Woo! Look at that! 10 rounds in total. The last round gave me a Huge scared because I thought I would run out of yarn before I got to the end. But I made it and it is beautiful. The subtle shift in colours is beautiful and every row is different. 
It's 10.5 x 10.5 inches, unblocked. I'll get around to blocking it at some point. And the back of the pillow will be black. But that probably won't happen for a while seeing as how I won't be here this weekend. 
Well I must be going. The pile of things-to-do seems to continue growing and growing. I'll go tackle it now. Have a great Wednesday!
Ta xo

No comments:

Post a Comment