Pages

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Weekend Vibes

Happy Sunday!

The weekend vibes have been strong here in SoFlo and they'll keep going. 
I have to be leaving soon to head out to an early family dinner. But I thought I'd share how my weekend was going so far!
A great lot of this happened yesterday.
My whole family gathered at the beach for a bbq birthday party for my 2 year old cousin. I had a bunch of family come down from New York to celebrate. Which is why we're going to dinner today, because they all leave rather soon.
The beach was packed! There must have been hundreds of people there. But it makes sense when you see a sky that blue. The temperature was wonderful, there was a breeze, and not a cloud in the sky!
It was a struggle keeping my hair out of my face lol!
Sisterly love <3
And one more of the beach because why not?

Speaking of beach and beach related things. Do you want to see how my seaside blanket is coming along??
BOOM!
I am loving the way it is turning out. Unfortunately though I ran out of the sandy coloured yarn. I'll probably have to wait a little while before I can get my hands on some more. None of the local craft shops have it which means I'll have to go pretty far to find it. Or order it online, which I've never actually done before!
It still has a way to go. 42 more squares to work up. All of them need to be blocked. And this will be my first time blocking out squares! (wish me luck) They need to be sewn together and then a border will be added as the final touch. 
Whew. That was a lot. But I've good progress so far! 
Can't forget to show this little munchkin who takes his regular naps on my bed every evening. He's kept me good company when I slave away on my never ending math homework. Which I should probably get to soon.
I leave for Chicago at the end of the week and have SO much to do to prepare for it. I'm thinking about creating extra hours in the day just so I can get it all done! 
I hope your weekends vibes are great as well!
Ta xo

No comments:

Post a Comment