Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Blog Challenge Day #2- My Entrepreneurial Story


Here we are on Day 2 of the Alex Beadon Feel Good Blogging Challenge.
Today's topic is all about my entrepreneurial story. The how and why I decided to start my own business.

Ever since I was really young I knew I would never have a "normal job". I'm not cut out for the 9-5 lifestyle. The idea of working in a cubicle scared me even as a young girl. But I knew I wanted to make money. I've always liked having my own money to spend on the things I want. I didn't like asking my parents because most of the time the answer would be no. But if I had my own money I would never have to ask, I could just buy whatever I wanted!

I had a Beanie Baby bag that had different dividers in it where you could put your Beanie Babies and carry them around. Well I turned that bag from a Beanie Baby tote to my own personal travelling salesman bag. I collected different sample soaps and those little shampoo bottles from hotels. I would spend hours in my bathroom mixing up different concoctions from shampoos to body sprays. I'd set them all up in my bag. Along with my bath products I would carry around beaded bracelets I made. As well as a newspaper I created called "The Rodriguez Family Harold". I would go around the house and try to peddle my wares. I thought I was the coolest traveling sales woman on the whole Eastern Seaboard.

That was my first ever business adventure. I did it quite often and sometimes my parents would buy a few things. I mean they had too! They're my parents haha.
Flash foward to now. I've always had this idea that maybe one day I would open up an Etsy store. I think I could be quite good at it. So I've begun my new business adventure. I'm currently in the process of setting up shop and creating things to sell. It should be all ready and set by mid-July. It's something I've always wanted to do because I've always wanted to be my own boss. And I'm finally making my dream come true!
Cheers xo

No comments:

Post a Comment