Pages

Monday, July 27, 2015

Camp NaNoWriMo


It's official!! I finished Camp NaNoWriMo! And four day before the end too! I'm like screaming I'm so excited. I set my word count goal at 30,000 words and finished up with a total of 30,112. The reason I've been so absent from blogging is because I've been really focusing on this novel. It's nowhere near completed but it's done for the month of July. The next time I'll be participating in NaNoWriMo will be in November for the main event, 50,000 words.

This was such a great experience, writing a novel. I've always had a love for writing and used to do it quite often too. But then things changed and time got busy and it just kind of fell to the way side you know? So when I heard about camp I was really curious and a little nervous to jump back into writing. But really, what better way to get back into things than with a little competition and a huge creative support group. My cabin mates are doing awesome, almost everyone is close to their end goal and one girl actually finished yesterday.

Overall I would say that this is one of the best things I have done all summer. I really can't wait until November to do it all again!
Cheers xo

No comments:

Post a Comment