Pages

Monday, July 6, 2015

Happy Independence Day!

Happy Monday!

I hope you all had a great weekend. This weekend was pretty chill for the most part. Fourth of July was on Saturday so that was the big to do for the weekend. But a quick little update, I got my hair cut on Friday! I have bangs now, look!
They were actually too long but I didn't know until I got home. My hairdresser likes to blow my hair out, which I don't normally do. So when I got home I straightened my hair and realized my bangs were past my eyes. So I watched a YouTube video and trimmed them myself! Very chic.
I didn't do much on the 4th to be honest. I just chilled around the house, watched some Netflix. It was relaxing. Later in the evening my mom made hot dogs, Chicago style of coarse. As Chicago style as we could make them though! We couldn't find any poppy seed buns. But either way they were so tasty!
After dinner we got ready to head out to the park to see the fireworks. My dad like to fly this flag, it's called the Betsy Ross Flag. The 13 stars stand for the 13 original colonies. Apparently the original of it's kinda was one of the first flags that Betsy Ross sewed. He likes that it represents the American Revolution. I like to think of us as being the most hipster house on the block!
The firework display at the park was really nice. They were playing classic American music and everyone was there sitting with their families. I think there's something to be said about fireworks on the Fourth of July. They go off all over the country and people everywhere sit and watch them. They're meant to represent our freedom from the British and all the lives that were lost in fighting for it.
It's said that John Adams is to thank for this tradition. He wanted the Fourth of July to be remembered with festivities, parades, and fireworks at the end of the night, This tradition actually started back on July 4th, 1777. And it's stayed strong all these years. America turned 239 this year you know. She's getting old.
I think it's amazing that we've been a country for so long. Granted it's not as old as some other countries, but it's still pretty old. It's cool to think that on July 4th, 239 years ago our fore fathers signed the Deceleration of Independence. I'm a big history buff, so I love this stuff!
 My Fourth of July outfit consisted of a an American Flag sweater I picked up at Goodwill a while back. My sailor inspired shirts came from Forever 21. The boots are from Plato's closet, and the snapback is from Warped Tour last year. It's my Chunk No! Captain Chunk hat.
 These were my awful attempts at getting the classic sparkler shot. They came out horrible but I had fun taking them so that's all the matters.
I decided to throw in my outfit from Sunday as well because I liked it. We were going to see a house not that far from ours. My parents are thinking about moving to a bigger house in the same neighborhood, or at least that same city. I guess it doesn't matter much to me because hopefully in a year I'll be moving out to Chicago. Fingers crossed!

I hope you had a great weekend whether you celebrated the Fourth, or Canada day, or don't celebrate anything at all. I hope it was just a great weekend! And here's to a great week as well.
Cheers xo

No comments:

Post a Comment