Pages

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Disney Day 1: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

[Insert flick of the wand here]

Hello!
Are you ready to head into the wonderful, wizarding world of Harry Potter??! I am! Woo! But before we can get to Diagon Alley we have to actually get there don't we? Of course we do. And there really is only one way to get there, the Night Bus of course!
We hopped on board and *woosh*
Diagon Alley
It. Was so. Cool! And so insanely realistic, we were literally there.
The person who was taking our picture snapped this candid when Kelsey and I was wondering how we missed the dragon breathing fire haha!
Look how cool everything is! I was so amazed with all of it.
These are purely here for aesthetic purposes because well, the ceiling was super cool.
And so were the windows of all the little shops.
It's a totally horrible picture lol but I got to try on a Slytherin robe and it was wonderful. It felt so amazing having one on and if I were super rich I totally would have bought it along with a matching scarf, and a wand! But I definitely didn't have the funds so sadly I had to leave it behind. But I did get to try it on, so there's that!
Next stop: Gringotts.
Look at these beautiful chandeliers! Like omg! They were breathtaking and I was in awe. Ps. The Gringotts ride was so much fun too.
They welcomed us into the deep depths of the mines below Gringotts.
After we rode the Gringotts ride it was time for us to catch the Hogwarts express and make out way t dream school. We left Diagon Alley and headed back into London to catch the train. After walking through the wall we landed on Platform 9 3/4.
ALL ABOARD THE HOGWARTS EXPRESS!
Totally snagged a picture with the conductor once we arrived in Hogsmeade.
Once inside Hogsmeade we made our way to the Three Broomsticks to eat lunch because we were so hungry!
This was my first time ever trying butterbeer and I had mine frozen, a great suggestion by Kelsey! It was so tasty and so was my giant turkey leg, which you can see in the bottom corner there.
Look, there she is! The top of the spires to my dream school. The view from the patio of the Three Broomsticks was lovely.
I seem to have a things for rooftops, wouldn't you say?
Sigh, it's really quite pretty isn't it? It was so large, and truly it was everything I imagined it would be. The ride inside was so much fun we had to ride it twice.
Loved this Gryffindor inspired snowman, even if I am a Slytherin.
And now we've come to the end of my Hogwarts adventures. There was still more to the day though, so I hope you understand why I broke up Disney Day 1 into so many posts. This was a long one lol! After we finished up at Hogwarts and Hogsmeade we headed back to London in Universal Studios and continued on with the rest of the park, which I'll show you tomorrow. Can't wait!
Ciao xo

No comments:

Post a Comment